redg8r

Patent Issues, Help has arrived.

Hi all,

After quite a search, & a little bit of luck I wanted to introduce a new member to the forum.

Mr. Rodney Long a.k.a "rockhopper"

Rodney is a fellow tinkerer & independent inventor who brings many-many years of experience regarding the specific issues related to protecting, producing & promoting ideas into the fishing business.

Mr. Long holds dozens of patents on products most of you are familiar with, including:

The "Stand Out" hook, "Boomerang Fishing Pro", "Rig Saver", the Long Shot "Wiggle" rig, the "Rockhopper" (published in this months Bassmaster) and the "EZknot" tying tool, among others.

I met Rodney through the recommendation of a highly regarded patent attourney & he holds Mr. Long in very high regard also.

Ive spoken with him personally & can attest he's a standup guy & those of you here interested in business can learn alot.

We'll call rockhopper our resident "patent advisor" & he's been nice enough to volunteer his time here at my request.

He will be going back thru the forums & replying on any previous posts he can lend insight on.

We put up a small Bio on Rodney:

http://www.tackleunderground.com/index.php?page=25