KandyBass

spraying epoxy

I spray a 2 part polyamide epoxy that I get at a local paint store. No thinning. I spray with a small paint gun, not an air brush. I am spaying painted leadheads. It puts a gloss on and is very durable. I don't have any trouble with running. It is just one coat, but it looks and covers good for what I am doing

The brand is Coronado. I get it a Dugan paints. Around $50 for a 2 gal kit, 1 to 1 ratio. Takes about 10 to 15 hrs to set up at room temp.

I powder paint jigs (and bake), then some I spray with vinyl and put the epoxy over the top. I think the epoxy is just as durable as the powder.

I think it is great for jigs and spinnerbaits. Component sells a 2 part polyamide epoxy that is the same as I use.

My spray gun is gravity fed Cambell Hausfeld, Modle DH7600. It is called a touch up gun. It is smaller than a regular gravity fed, but bigger than an air brush. I bought it at Wal-Mart for about $50.

At the Cambell Housfeld website it sells for $69.95

http://www.chpower.com/

I don't thin mine because it is thin enough to spray. I clean with laquer thinner. It cleans up about the same as paint.

Barramundi what kind of epoxy do you use? It sounds like yours is thicker than mine.

I have sprayed etex with a cheep airbrush, Rich told me his secret and it works great. The dry time is when it hits you lure it is drying working time 10Min. The only problem for me is I need a thick clear coat for musky lures. I use it on my salmon and walleye baits.

Thanks Rich.

-Corey