Sign in to follow this  
Mylures

What do you use to cover hooks to prevent getting hooked ???

6 posts in this topic

Hi All, just wondering what everyone uses to cover their hooks on displays to prevent getting tangles and getting hooked? I looked for some type of tubing. I am sure it has to have a 1/16 ID or less. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Ken Schmitz Mylures

Search for seller "sgcool" on eBay. He has a couple different sizes of hook tubing. He ususally sells 25' and 50' lengths, but will sell any length you want. He ships quickly, has a nice product and a fair price.

I use wire insulation to guard my hook points.

I've got some old wire, but you can purchase new wire at lowes or Home Depot or Wal-mart for near about nothing, and take a wire stripper and strip the wire in little 1/4" segments. It'll need to be light gauge electrical wire so that the diameter is small enought to stay on the hook.

Hi Ken

The stuff I use is called "non toxic pvc" tubing. It's flexible clear vinyl tubing like they use as lines off beer kegs. It's only about 20 cents a yard and comes in 1/16 ID. Plumbing supply shops should have it, check this link http://www.barfell.com/tubing.htm for a picture.

Kiwi