Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TRIPLE C CUSTOM LURES

I hate my alligator clips!!!!!!!!!!!

12 posts in this topic

What are you guys using on your drying wheels to hold the bait. My alligator clips work fine if the bait has a lip. I know about using a screw but some of the baits are plastic. I need something good and strong like small vise grips. Only cheaper and lighter. Thanks in advance.[/b]

How about using springs on the eyes of your baits to hold them between two points? tip and tail I'm working on a drying wheel for Etch a Sketch with this principle in mind. the wheel is top secret for now but Rob will show it off when it is done. :wink:

Robby.

The only problem with that rob is that some times I don't have the lips on the first time I spin them, only giving me the back and lower hook hangers. As for the exacto knife where do you just get the handles if you can? I looked at walmart and they were 3.00. I can buy the little vise grips for 1.88 and they are the strongest. When I get home I am going to do some wheels out of meta l and tack weld the vise grips on.

I use Hemostats to hold the hook hanger. I place the hemostat

between 2 alligator clips. Never had a problem.

Coley

Trip C

I got my exacto knives at Waly world for $1.97 each (I use the small ones)

Got a URL? I've been looking at hobby shops all around town. No love. I nedd about 2 dozen... yesterday!

Oh yeah, I need "Flex Coat Low Build" in bulk, the day before yesterday! :huh: I've got 120+ baits to paint.

Chris

Bulldog clips work well, put a serious grip on a lip. They come in many sizes & hold various sizes of lips effectively. You can find them at any Staples, Office max, etc...