UtahAngler

Does anyone know what company manufctures the Nature' Edge

I used to order some materials from Living Rubber for my own personal use. But i wont do it for business purposes.

IF.....I REMEMBER CORRECTLY their postage was what i would consider excessively higher than the actual cost of shipping the product. They dont require submittal of an FET Form #637 which means posters on this board MAY NOT CONSIDER them to be exclusively involved in the business of supplying tackle manufactureres.

And if you request samples they will not send a single one unless they charge the break down price for it. For example if they have a 10 count listed in their catalog for $2.00 and you request a 1 count sample they will charge you $0.20 for the sample.

Skirts Plus is a pretty good bunch to deal with and dont nickel and dime you to death when it comes to shipping charges and sending samples.

Utah,Here's how this skirt deal works.If you buy from Stamina,Jann's,Barlow's,and most other suppliers you are essentually buying a silicone skirt that was supplied by Skirts Plus.Even the majority of skirts purchased from living rubber were supplied by Skirts Plus.

This silicone material is produced in Thialand in solid un cut strips.It is then ran thru a slitter to make the pad into strads with a repeated skip.

Skirts Plus almost has the market cornered so I do try to buy from them when buying bulk.Altough I am pretty sure they hold the patend or trademark or what the heck ever you call it (rockhopper probably knows) on natures edge,nature scales,silichrome,and barbed wire, I have never known them to offer it in fine strand.

Enter Rat Trap. Listen to Pop :!: 95% of my skirting comes from Rat Trap.I do know that they have the capabilitiy of slitting strands for custom order.I dont know if they own a machine to do this or not.I do know that they also get some material from thialand same as skirts plus. These guys are great.Since building a relationship with them I very seldom make a banded skirt anymore.If I come up with something new I just send them a sample,and from then on I just order the skirt banded.Call them and request a brochure.It an't impressive.But the prices are very good.I figure by the time I build a skirt from scratch I am only saving about 5 cents.I will gladly pay 5 cents not to have to mess with it.

Any way,take the number that Pop gave you and give them a call.Get a tax id number if you wish.Depending on how many lures you sell you may need one.If you dont sell that many lures to the public,take some advice and dont get the id #.The government will expect to hear from you on a regular bases.You will save 10%(well not exactly but close) on your purchase but you had better be selling something and passing that savings you were given from the supplier on to the government when you sell the lure you made from the raw goods. blades

Hey thanks for all the info. I didnt want to get a tax ID number because I know exactlly what the IRS is like. I just make lures for friends I dont do a large volume at all. I will call the number Pop gave, thanks Pop. I do know they make a fine cut Natures Edge material because I have seen it in person. I guess someone is cutting it for them. Well thanks again for all your info. Once again I am impressed by the knowledge of the people on here.

• Like 1