ROBZILLA

Etch A Sketch's new wheels!

Well after a lot of begging ,pleading, Bi#@hing, and asking I finally got to making him his drying wheel. This Idea came from Rob for his big baits! a wheel that would hold them at both ends. We will cut most of the spokes off and remove the tire tread and tube and use springs to hold the baits in.

And all I can say is he better like it or I'm giving it to Husky! :lol::wink:

Tell me what you think!

Robby.

picture_232.jpg

picture_230.jpg

picture_232.jpg

picture_230.jpg

picture_232.jpg

picture_230.jpg

picture_232.jpg

picture_230.jpg

picture_232.jpg

picture_230.jpg

picture_232.jpg

picture_230.jpg

picture_232.jpg

picture_230.jpg

picture_232.jpg

picture_230.jpg

1421_thumb.attach

1422_thumb.attach

SUH-WEET!

I've been trying to figure out how to do the same thing as I'm trying to get some Musky baits put together...Right now, I'm spinning mine ..by hand..on my Renzetti fly tying vise..My wife would have a fit if she found out..If I may ask, where did you get the motor? I've tried every hardware store, crafts store around here, even online, and I can't seem to locate one (unless I wanna pay 89$ plus for a Bar-B-que rotissairie :huh:

Thanks Robzilla, you've impressed me for the first time ever 8O (LOL). Yes Husky some poor kid does only have one wheel (hahahah) wait till my kid wakes up tomorrow (heheheheh) :lol: . Blackjack, as for where the baits go most of the spokes will be taken out and then cotter pins put in there place that will hold extension springs that will then be used to hold the bait(s) in place, this way you can do any size bait you need, and if you had to in a pinch you could use some stainless steel wire and make some S "s to go from the baits eye hook to the spring, hope this helps, and i cant wait to use this baby!!!!

thanxs a million robby

Etch B)

Good idea. Maybe I can add a little to it:

Instead of removing spokes and replacing with cotter pins, could you cut a spoke twice? This would remove a piece of it in the middle. Bend the remaining ends of the spokes into a hook shape. Add a spring to one or both ends.

If the end of the spoke at the hub is too loose, maybe it could be epoxied. Maybe it could be removed and just attach a spring through the hole in the hub. The spokes are attached to the rim with a little nut, so they should be fine.

You might be able to use the removed portions of spokes for some extra heavy duty inline spinners for muskies. If the portion of spoke is long enough, you might be able to through wire some saltwater lures.

The wheel would not have to be or stay 'true', but there's probably going to be some science discovered as to the minimum number of whole spokes required. There's probably going to be a method of opposite remaining spokes, too.

LL good plan.

But now the poor kid will have no wheels on the bike.

Give the wheels back, gees it is nearing spring..............

I have some scrap wheel chair rims if you want 2 of them.

Put the baits between them, there is plenty of room there.

Or spin 2 rims end over end.

I'm wondering how you get a bait that is covered in etex/devcon on to the wheel.....what will hold the bait while you are putting on your clear coat? My dryer has a large motor on it, guessing it has 10 times the torque a BBQ motor has and I have to keep the wheel balanced with the big baits or it starts working too hard. I am guessing you will find the same thing with this dryer. I am very interested in seeing how you end up attaching the baits.

jed

Lil help here..Do you guys put your top coat on before you transfer your bait to the wheel? If so, then I see where furtheer engineering might come in hand (like making a couple of "holder modules" that could snap into the wheel somehow) .

Anyone have an online source for a motor? My local Walmart doesn't carry anything like that yet..and the 'ol gal behind the counter thinks I'm nuts :twisted: I tried Fleet Farm, and the guy there wanted to hook me up w/ a high output motor and a whole mess of pulleys and belts..I kinda think that ,between the two of us if we really could pull it off, we wouldn't be holding the jobs we do :wink: Anyhow, I sure could use a hand here.

Thanks, Bart

Jed,

What I am saying is 2 rims to the out side.

Cut every 3 or 4th spoke.

Bend it to a hook.

Baits can be strung between up to 24" in lenth.

Small coil springs, clips what ever.

They would be strung rim to rim.

I am not kidding I have scrap wheel chair rims, like 20 of them.