TRChad

Begginer wants info on refinishing cranks

I know this may be long and probably has been answered before, but what is the best air brush for a beginner who will strictly paint jigs, cranks, and spinnerbaits ..I would like to be able to do fine lines..I have figured out that I will need a dual action and plan on starting with one..Also I am interested in whether or not you guys strip the old paint off of cranks before repainting and if so how do you go about this.. From what I have seen I am assuming that createx paint is the way to go, but I would like to know which of there paints is the best to use for my purposes. I know this is alot to ask, but I am really looking forweard to getting into this..I have made my own spinnerbaits before and used a testers model air brush and paint to paint and they looked pretty good, but I want a more professional look. Thanks guys...

TRChad

http://www.tackleunderground.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4698

as for a brush,you will find many pro's and con's to all brands.

Do some research here on the brush subject.I think you will find some good info but it can also be so much information that you will still be indecisive.Short and sweet here is my opinion.Buy an iwata from dixie art supply period-paragraph.B&B

TRChad, unless the baits are really pocked or cracked, don't pull the old finish off of them. As suggested, just rough them up with some fine sand paper (180 or 220 grit). This is the best way to ensure an even finish.

First baits I ever painted, I stripped down to the wood. Big mistake.