RiverMan

Washing winders, spray dem baits

I ran across a bit of info several weeks ago while surfin a newsgroup on google and wanted to share the info with you guys. The airbrush experts on the newsgroup suggested to use Windex to thin water based paints instead of water. Well I tried it and it makes a big difference!

First off, if you aren't spraying createx or a similar grade of paint I would highly recommened you do so soon. The difference between cheap Wal-Mart paints and createx is enormous and spraying good paints is fun. The createx from my experience still requires some thinning which I now do with windex. I just spray the stuff in on top of the paint, shake well, and start spraying. I do still get the occassional dirt clod on the end of the tip and have to adjust air pressure a bit but once I'm dialed I just keep spraying, it's awesome!

The windex is blue but it seems to have no effect on the color of the paint..

Try it, you will like it!

Hehehehehe

jed

I thought Windex is some alcohol or something, but for my amazement it's a window cleaner :huh: . I thought of using alcohol(medical stuff) in thinning acrilics on my next projects. It helps cleanning the airbrush as well.

Thanx River Man! I'll try it next time i'll have time to airbrush something.

For what it is worth I bought a single bottle of windex probably a month ago and have painted dozens of baits since that time and I don't think I have used a half cup of the stuff yet. For 3 dollars you will probably have enough windex to last several years, lol.............I don't think it's gonna break us.

jed

Well, I got Windex..LOTS of the stuff..Just got my Paashe VL in the mail yesterday..along with an assortment of paints. Of course, I forgot to order BLACK! :cry: in fact, the darkest color I got is light green..so, for now, my baits will look like they belong in Barbie's tacklebox :rolleyes: BUT..I got Windex!

P.S., Riverman, I tried to send ya a pm and don't know if it went through.