finlander

pouring into a mold

My mold is made and I have coated the plaster for the plastic's removal. Did everyone understand how my pattern is lying, on its' side? It's a one sided mold. Can I use this mold to pour a two color minnow, green on top and a white belly? Do I have to build a 'dam' of sorts to prevent the green plastic from entering the belly area? Thanks.

I think I know what you're talking about. Here's a picture of a jerkbait I made awhile back. The black portion (back) is poured first. Notice how it's uneven. This is almost impossible to avoid unless you wait too long between pours; then you risk the 2 colors not molding together. Even though the colors are not even, it does seem to look pretty natural though.

You almost have to pour the back and let it run down into the body portion. It took awhile for me to get the hang of this because I had a tendency to pour too much black.

I guess it depends on your preference.

Chris

threadfin2_202.jpg

threadfin2_202.jpg

threadfin2_202.jpg

threadfin2_202.jpg

threadfin2_202.jpg

threadfin2_202.jpg

threadfin2_202.jpg

threadfin2_202.jpg

1452_thumb.attach

That is what I want. Mine is 20 inches long though. Northern pike color. Then I have to paint spots on the sides. Yours looks neat. I have some glitter. I may try one of those too. I guess I'll have to see how much plastic I have left after the first one! Thanks Al.