out2llunge

Alternatives to SOLO cups?

Okay' date=' so I am finally going to get around to trying the plastic cup/lacquer thinner mix, but I can't get SOLO brand cups where I live.

Can anybody tell me what alternatives there are? Is there an brand identifier or recyle logo identifier?

Thanks![/quote']

You can use Clear or White plastic Utensils, as well. Also clear plastic cups with the # 6 in the recycleing triangle will work.

An alternative to SOLO cups would be almost every kind of polystyrene packing beans, the white beans give a slightly milky sealer but does not seem to colour the baits the only down side fo the beans is that they are not "food grade plastic" so there can be debris inside of the mix, I normally test the beans for complete melting in the solvent. then if they melt correctly I pour approx 1.25 pints or 500 mls of solvent into a glass jar with a metal lid and add approx 3 cubic feet of beans, sounds like mission impossible I know but it will go in !! Leave it to stand (covered with the lid) for about 1 week and then pour off the good material off the solid debris you will get approx 1 pint of solution that you can further thin with solvent to suit your application method (thinner for dipping slightly thicker for brushing)

Sorry I was not very clear how to thicken the resulting solution, Just leave the lid off the container for half an hour stir and test the thickness again carry on untill you have reached the thickness required if you go too thick just add some more solvent and try again