bluechalice

Where to find Mini Screw eyes?

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys...I am looking for some micro eye screws...I have seen in some catalog that they have the 1/4inch ones...but the eye is still kinda big...I am looking for something with a tiny eye and with a thread lenght of around 4 or 5mm long...does anyone know where I can find some? I saw some tiny ones at Micromark catalog but they don't have threads on them...more like a tiny nail...

Get a Janns netcraft catalog.They have the largest selection of eye screws I've seen..They'll have what you are looking for..Nathan

Hey thanks...I got all the catalogs though...I have Janns, Barlows, Stamina...but they are all the big ones...I am looking for super micro ones...the O.D of the eye I need it to be around 2-3mm...I am wondering if such a size even exists...lol...

yes they do exist, I dont have a supplier, but I imagine if you take the time to wade thru the net searching for screw eyes in craft/ jewelery supply outlets you may find something

You could make them with 22 or 24 ga ss wire and a coat hanger. The wire is thinner than screws so split rings are easy to attach.

Hi. I don't know if you're still interested in finding this item, but I think I have exactly what you're describing and can help you. Holler back if!

You could make them with 22 or 24 ga ss wire and a coat hanger. The wire is thinner than screws so split rings are easy to attach.

Contact me I have been trying to find a way to make my own

Thanks

I've used sst cotter keys and spinnerbait wire pins for hinging small jointed baits.

With those baits, I only had a hook hanger in the first section, so there was no real strain on the hinge connections.

But I wasn't able to remove the cotter pins, which had their tag ends folded back to make V shapes, once I'd glued them into the holes I had drilled.

I used a .072 sst screw eye for the line tie, and a swivel for the hook hanger, because it was shorter and lighter than the screw eye.

Contact me I have been trying to find a way to make my own

Thanks

Here's a link to a thread about making barrel twist hook hangers and line ties. Click on the link in one of Vodkamans replies and it will carry you to a video he made showing how he manually makes them. I think it's the 7'th post from the top.

Ben

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/23014-hook-hangers/page__p__172143__hl__+barrel%20+twist#entry172143