Steel Pulse

Epoxy Aluminum

I guess I wasn't specific enough. I am looking to coat aluminum with a clear coat of protection. I want to see the underlining features of the aluminum, and also have the thing sealed and protected from the salt water. I don't want to machine the epoxy or build it up I am just looking for the clear coating for looks and protection. Thanks

Sorry Steel Pulse, I did not read the post correctly- my bad! I would highly recommend powder clearcoat. If the aluminum is shaded (toned with paint) then when you clear it be sure that your paint is fully dry.Water base paints can handle the heat better than laquer.

You can purchase some clear from component systems http://www.csipaint.com/ if you call ask for kurt.You can take a heat gun and 1 pound of clear ($12.00) and clear a bunch.B&B

I was thinking about that. I like the candy colors they offer too. My only problem is the lures are 1/2 in. dia. and 7 inches long so I don't think dipping them would be the right way to do it. Have you tried to dip a lure that size? Maybe need to have it sprayed on. Don't want too much of a build up. Probably hard to control. Thanks for the info. Steely

Steel

I don't think you'll have any problems with coating the lure with a thin coat.

A trick that I use is to apply the epoxy with a fluxglue brush then heat it slightly with a hot air gun. This will thin the epoxy so that I can re-brush the lure to thin the coat out and get an even coating on all the surfaces.