jaime

Is thinner better?

Well i'm working on 4 of those, only that those are 4,5cm long. I made some 6cm long, and work well enough.

I'll try these other 4 ones this weekend, and let you know how it goes, if it's not to late for you. I'd do them tomorrow, but i'm not home until friday :(

Hope every thing goes well with those 4.

Sure there will be a difference in the action for a lure that is 1/4 vs. 1/2 inch thick. There is less weight in the 1/4 inch thick body. There is no rule for a lure being a certain thickness. It is all in what the lure is made out of, weighting, and the lip of the lure. I don't know if they have a site.... but Suddeth lures make 1/4 inch wide lures. You might do a search on the internet and take a look at their stuff.

Skeeter

jamie,

I guess my point is that you can make a killer lure that is 1/4 inch thick. We all have had those certain crankbaits that have an action that is unique to anything else that we have owned. They catch fish better than the rest. These are the special lures that everyone treasures. As soon as you start to turn the handle on the reel you can feel that it is different, it has that action and feel that we just know will catch the fish. This is what you want to try and achieve when you make a crankbait. It is something that you have to work at when you choose your lip, line tie placement, weight, and yes... even the hooks that you choose to put on the lure. Make several bodies when you make the lure and try several different lips and such untill you get that action. After you have it the way that you want, you just duplicate that process. Take your time, be patient and do the best work that you can. This site is great for getting help, but the final decission as to whether it is right or not is yours. If you run into a snag let me know. Myself as well as the rest of the tallent on this site would be more than happy to help.

Skeeter