Lincoya

Lip/bill removal

Man..... this is just plain tuff. Something is going to bite the dust. The only thing that I know that will get rid of the epoxy is acetone. This will just eat at the nose of the lure and possibly ruin the paint. My suggestion is to cut te lip off close to the face of the lure. Pull out the ramainder of the wire line tie and get it out of the way. Then use a dremel cutting wheel to cut the rest of the lip out. It is going to be noticable if you do not refinish the lure. But if you really take your time then you will be ok. You can do a nice job. If this scares you then cut the lip off at the face and file the remainder of the lip out of the slot.

Skeeter

I have done it with a scroll saw. Just cut into the plastic of the lip first and avoid opening up the slot. Be sure to hold the bait square to the blade as well. Usually one cut will do it as the heat from the cut will allow the bill to be pulled. Score the entier edge with a razor knife to keep the epoxy from pulling the paint off the nose of the bait.

I have done it the way that jerkbait suggested also. It will work just fine. Like he said the heat will loosen the lip. The reason that I did not suggest it is because it is hard to see where the blade is going on the bottom side of the slot as you cut. But if you can pull it off it is a fast way to get it done.

Skeeter