GB GONE

Here is a little lesson I learned yesterday...

A buddy of mine and I were out having a little "friendly" tournament amongst ourselves yesterday at a local pond....Most fish won...

Nothing on the line but braggin' rights and dinner..

I poured up a bunch of baits just to be sure to kick his butt good!!! We head out to the pond and I'm putting on my motor oil/chartreuse 7" worms that have red and black flake..

He puts on a 7" plain black culprit. The second his worm hits the water...fish on!!! Lucky cast.....

Well, to make a long story short. He spanked me BAD!!! The only thing I ended up coming back with was some 7" roadkill camo worms.

He almost used up 3 full bags of plain black worms.

Total count was...Him= 23 fish Me=16 fish.....and a HUGE plate of humble pie!!!

The moral of the story for me was...Keep It Simple Stupid!!! And have plenty of black worms when we go back to that pond...or maybe black with a red tail or neon black with red flake or smoke with..... :D

Jim

Jim, it might have been what he was doing to those worms versus the color. My sparkle colors have been kicking a**, especially Zoom's margarita (chart. with chart, k.green and black flakes). I've been pouring Bob's fat 6" Tiki and my own beavers as well as Bob's 4 1/4" sticks and need no other designs to catch fish. Large 13" crappie in a tidal creek, have been mauling my short sticks and occassionally, 3.5" beavers. Blows my mind! Bubblegum is still hot!