Coley

Mini TU get together

Yesterday, 5/11/05, I had the opportunity to meet another TU

member that I have been talking to on the phone and by email

and TU chat, for a couple of years He drove 160 miles round trip

out of his way to visit me, and I thought that was pretty special.

He was in TN visiting his son about 80 mi. North of me.

Jeff has forgot more about making cranks than I will ever know.

He taught me how to make crankbaits, from my very first one.

So, when I found out he was coming I invited Charlie Mitchell and

Gene Graham to join us. Well, Gene couldn't make it but, Charlie did.

Charlie had met Jeff at the classic. Charlie could only stay long

enough to eat a half of a bowl of strawberries and whipped cream.

Or, at least he said it was only half full when he started.

Oh, by the way, most of you know Jeff by his TU name, Skeeter.

Skeet hung around until about 9pm and we talked baits, drank a

few cold ones and had some Sauger and hushpuppies for supper.

So, thanks again Jerry for TU, or it just wouldn't of happened.

And thanks to you Skeet for all the help you have given me and

taking the time to stop by.

You see, when Skeet left last night he was headed home to Lexington,

NC, which was around 500 mi.

I tried to post a pic, but I can't get it to post.

sv6_173.jpg

sv6_173.jpg

sv6_173.jpg

sv6_173.jpg

sv6_173.jpg

sv6_173.jpg

sv6_173.jpg

sv6_173.jpg

1498_thumb.attach

The pleasure was all mine. I am thinking about getting in the truck and driving back to your house for another one of those sauger dinners tonight. :wink: This site and the people on it are truely special. Coley and his wife took me in and showed me the warmest hospitality that I have ever experienced. They watered me, fed me, and packed me something to eat while I was on the road. The reason that Charlie only had half a shortcake is because I ate the other half when he wasn't looking. :-D You see.... eveyone thinks that I am just being a nice guy when I teach them how to make baits. But it really works out well for me. Once they learn to make the baits they want to give me some. I left with beautiful handmade baits from both Coley and Charlie. :wink: I left with T-shirts, lower unit lube for the Skeeter, new crankbaits, plastics that Coley poured, 4 different types of wood that I have never used, and a new clearcoat to try. I have known both of these guys for some time thru the site. But when I arrived at Coleys house I was treated like I have been stopping there every day for a long time. I never felt strange, never felt akward or uneasy. I felt right at home as soon as I got out of the truck. Charlie, Coley and his wife are truely special people. I have been blessed to have them as friends.

Skeeter

Man this is cool. Anyone that would drive that far out of the way to meet another TU member, I have to tip my hat. I definitely missed a golden opportunity to be around 3 super guys. I hope that in the future, I get the chance to meet skeeter in person myself.

Tally

I have to set the record straight.....I said that my strawberry's and short cake tasted like a half of a bowl...This was a favorite saying of my Grandmother. You can tell by the pictures that I got my share. :)

It was good to see Skeeter again, B) as it had been almost a year since last years Bass Masters Classic.

Skeeter also had a some of his special baits and I now proudly own two of his. Thanks Skeeter.

Sorry I could not stay around for the rest of the evening I would like to have heard all the stories these two told first hand.

Charlie Mitchell AKA Boyhowdy