Nathan

Has anyone tried decal over foil

A while back there was some discussion on trying to print pictures on foil..has anyone tried foiling a bait,then applying your decal on clear decal paper over the foil?..Seems like you should get the best of both worlds..Nathan

A while back there was some discussion on trying to print pictures on foil..has anyone tried foiling a bait,then applying your decal on clear decal paper over the foil?..Seems like you should get the best of both worlds..Nathan

I have tried something similar with great results. What I do now is attach White gift wrap tissue ont a piece of regular paper. Trial and error has shown that a gule stick works best. Then I print the both sides of the bait onto it, using the Photo quality rendition.

Spray very thin foil with adhesive and place the tissue on it.

Cut the silhouette of the bait. You can then attach the foil/tissue to the bait as you would plain foil. I give it 2 or 3 quick dips in Tallys Plasticoat ( See his tutorial). Use the clear. The clear makes the tissue become transparent so the foils shines through.

Finally I paint the back and belly and top coat.

It's very inexpensive and works great.

Here are a few examples

Menhadden.jpg

BUNKER

BOLTSDAMPLUG.jpg

HERRING

Tinker1.jpg

MACKEREL

Beautiful baits husky are these wood or foam?Love the herring

Thanks SC,

A version of that herring got some nice Weaks last week. See BIGROCK'S post. Ah heck, I guess I'll have to give him some credit, too. He's a fisherman extraordinaire and a Tackle Tester Supreme.

http://www.stripersonline.com/ubb547/ultimatebb.php/topic/11/4756.html

They're all Foamies. Wait til I finish the Bunker I have drying. I have a new favorite.

You can use this method on wood too. And you can attach the tissue over paint and spray it with a clear then topcoat.

I just may put up a tutorial on this method, I'm so pleased with it. B)

Hey Nathan' date='

Water slide decals over foil kick butt! B) Here's one I posted in the gallery a while ago..

[url']http://www.tackleunderground.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=508[/url]

They got flash galore buddy. I can barely fish the thing without having seagulls and pelicans dive bomb it when it surfaces.

Shawn

Very nice as usual! How soon until you Christen the new site? Where do yo get your pics. I'm almost tempted to head to the Fish Market with My digital!