89basscat

new to pouring

The guys that frequent this forum, including myself, all think that it is well worth the time and money. Also, you have the satisfaction of catching fish on a bait that you made. You select the color, glitter, scent, everything about it.

You can even design your own lures.

Lure Craft, Del-Mart, Bob's Tackle Shack, and others have the plastic, colors, glitter, molds, and additives you will need.

www.Lurecraft.com

www.del-mart.com

www.bobstackleshack.com

www.fishingworld.com/M-F-Manufacturing

these are a some of the places you can get what you need.

One word of warning! :!: This hobby is about as addictive as heroin. Save yourself while you can. :-D Once you start, you will be forever hooked.

Cal

Just got back from my monthly club tourny and I weighred in 5 fish 11-6 all caught on baits I made :D:D . Like Cal said it is very addictive and with lots of practice it gets fairly east to make baits. Read as much as you can and learn from other posts then decide for yourself.

Scott

Now the only plastics I throw are ones I make!!

It's well worth it! Just from a cost perspective, you can buy a stick mold from bobs tackle shack that is the same as a senko for $45. then you can start melting and pouring all your old plastic messed up baits and have new free "senkos". Plus you can make any color you want. If you buy some MF plastic and colors you can start making your own baits for about a 2-cents a piece. Get some clay and design a bait or get a bait you like and make a plaster mold for about 30 cents and pour away! There is nothing like catching a fish on your own concept bait. Have a pour day!

You may question it at first. But I have been pouring, then not pouring for a number of years. I have caught more fish this year along on my hand pours that I did on injected baits for the last 3 or 4 yrs. But that aside, being able to get exactly the bait you want is worth the little time and effort it takes to pour your own baits. (The little time and effort) is in my endeavers. I only pour for my own use, some of the guys you will hear from on the site are masters of the trade.