finlander

belt sander/ airbrush spray patterns

Does a belt from a 'narrow' belt sander give some when you push wood against it? Better for rounding bodies vs using a normal belt sander (which has a solid late behind it ). Do airbrushes have different nozzles creating different patterns, or do you still have to mask off areas to stop overspray? ( I have never seen one in action or ever used one.) Thanks.

I'm no expert but have used several. All I've seen spray a circular pattern. Internal mix brushes have a variety of tips to change the brush's spray aperture, plus a 2 function trigger. Push down for more air, pull back for more paint. The 4th variable is the color medium and how it's thinned. Using a brush gets natural with a little practice and the more you use one, the more control you will gain. You can mask areas to avoid overspray but in my experience, it's difficult and usually looks lousy. The advantage of airbrushing is shading colors into each other to render a more lifelike effect.