GB GONE

Fact or rumor????

Has anybody else heard the story going around about RI (reaction innovations) going out of business :?: ???!!!!!

I've had the conversation with 2 shop owners now.

I'm just curious if anyone else has heard this. Doesn't sound right to me but you never know...

Jim

I heard the same thing from a shop owner who told me that the owner did it as a small bussiness/hobby, when his beaver got hot the demand gave him cold feet.He didn't close up shop though, he just wanted to keep production #'s the same, the lack of supply got a lot of people thinking he closed shop. Who would figure that? :rolleyes: -sloegoe.

My understanding of RI is that it was anything but a small business/hobby. Andre used most or all of his winnings from his first tournament win ($210,000) to build the business and get it going. The same person also claims that he was using his most recent win money (another $200,000) to buy much needed machines and molds in order to step up production.

Refer to this link for the "source". :lol:

http://www.tackleunderground.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5495&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Don't mean to step on Javier's post, but I also heard this rumor awhile back about Lure Craft selling. I spoke to Dave a couple weeks ago. He heard the same rumor and swears he has no idea where it came from. He told me that he has never thought of (or never will) sell the business.

Things happen though. You just never know....................

Mabye you are right about Andre and his bussiness. This was just some hearsay at Waltons' Pond in CA, where he's been ordering baits every other day and been told that productions' not going to be able to keep up with demand, at last count they were putting out 1/10 :censored: of the orders.

Sloegoe, I was partially funnin' with ya! :D

I believe I did read on Andre's personal site, which you can get to from RI's site, that he sunk his winnings into the biz.

Wouldn't really hurt my feelers if RI did go belly up. There would only be one place to get beavers, and that would be us hand pour guys!! :D

Hey Mojo, all I know is that's $410,000, That's about 25,000 sweetbeaver molds, man that's alot of beaver! I think TU handpourers could keep up with prodution on a budget like that. My girlfriend pours my baits for me so I get all the SWEETBEAVER I can handle B) -sloegoe