Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverMan

Good brushes, good price

5 posts in this topic

I live in a dusty little town and the only place to get brushes for Etex is at Wal-Mart. Anyway, I did some looking around and found these online. For about 21 dollars I got 144 brushes which I use once and throw away. I am very happy with them and the delivery was prompt, thought some of you might be interested.

Here is the link:

http://www.rsquality.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=654&idproduct=3201

Jed

Jed, a quick swish through some acetone will allow you to re-use these brushes 5-10 times. I pour some into an old pill bottle and just dunk my brushes when I'm done using them.

I have tried cleaning brushes and find that I get tiny particles of etex that stay with the brush, maybe it's because I am using so much of the stuff. I generally brush about 25 baits at a time. Anyway, when I tried cleaning the brushes I would find that regardless of how hard I tried to get the brush clean, the next time I used it the bristles were stiff and tiny particles of etex would show up in the finish, yikes! I paid roughly 14 cents for each of these brushes, I just toss em!

Jed