comp

what do i need

Vinyl Plastisol has so many uses that I don't think they could all be listed in one spot. There are several ways to form it, and one of them is dipping. That's how most of the plastic pipe caps you see are made. The handles on your Swill-Mart pliers are also covered the same way.

If you dip a cool metal rod with a round end into melted plastic, it will coat the rod. If you then let it cool and dip it again, perhaps only half way as deep, that part will get another coat. There's no reason why the second dip has to be the same color as the first.

I believe Del's mold is a 2 part mold with a core, that forms the tube shape that can be poured in one shot. It probably has more possibilities for color combinations than you could get with dipping. I can see salt and such being a problem with dipping also, and it's easy with a mold.

If dipping will work, it takes a $2.00 piece of aluminum rod. Less if you can find it in the junk.

Slitting the skirt end of the tube requires a tool of some kind. I've seen that addressed elsewhere on the forum. You could make a guide that slips over the dipped bait and slit it with a razor blade or exacto knife while it is still on the form.