elpescador

alternative materials for cranckbait lips

CD material ayn't that good. At first i thought ot was policarbonate(lexan), but i soon found out that i wasn't so. After a while cracks apear in the material, due to the differece of temperatures between air , and water.

If you are makeing smaller baits you could start cutting up 2 liter cola bottles. That will surtenly not crack.

Lexan is one brand of polycarbonate, which is clear and very tough. It should be available just about anywhere. It is often used as a break resistant replacement for window glass. "Circuitboard" is a translucent material made of fiberglass or linen cloth pressure coated with epoxy. I usually use 1/16" thick polycarbonate and .032" circuitboard. Circuitboard is also called G-10, G-11, Micarta or FR4. Both can be purchased online in 1 square foot sheets from McMaster-Carr but I don't know if they ship overseas.

I'm still fond of using SS as it is by far the stongest material you could use. If anyone wants to try SS in place of Lexan, just read the tutorial I put up, or send me a picture of the lip along with the dimensions and I'll knock one or 2 out for you, to try out.

All circuitboard I've seen is colored. Mostly opaque to slightly translucent. It is epoxy pressure laminated on a substrate of fiberglass or linen, so it is never clear. I've seen light green, yellow, or yellow-brown. I prefer light green but it's harder to find. If the bill color doesn't complement the rest of the bait I just paint it. Circuitboard, aka G10/FR4, has excellent rebound when the crankbait hits cover. .032" G10 is easy to shape exactly and makes a very thin, durable, light weight bill for bass cranks. It's very popular on custom cranks among pro and tourney fishermen.

I'm still fond of using SS as it is by far the stongest material you could use. If anyone wants to try SS in place of Lexan, just read the tutorial I put up, or send me a picture of the lip along with the dimensions and I'll knock one or 2 out for you, to try out.

Could you xplain to me what is SS :oops:

I'm still fond of using SS as it is by far the stongest material you could use. If anyone wants to try SS in place of Lexan' date=' just read the tutorial I put up, or send me a picture of the lip along with the dimensions and I'll knock one or 2 out for you, to try out.[/quote']

Sorry, Stainless Steel. You can see my tutorial on it.

I'm still fond of using SS as it is by far the stongest material you could use. If anyone wants to try SS in place of Lexan' date=' just read the tutorial I put up' date=' or send me a picture of the lip along with the dimensions and I'll knock one or 2 out for you, to try out.[/quote'']

Got it!

Could you provide the link?

I'm still fond of using SS as it is by far the stongest material you could use. If anyone wants to try SS in place of Lexan' date=' just read the tutorial I put up' date=' or send me a picture of the lip along with the dimensions and I'll knock one or 2 out for you, to try out.[/quote'']

Got it!

Sure..http://www.tackleunderground.com/board/kb.php?mode=article&k=46

Muy Facile y muy fuerte.

Llame mi si tu necesita.

40mYrs out of school but I had to give it a shot. :wink:

Got it!

Sure..http://www.tackleunderground.com/board/kb.php?mode=article&k=46

Muy Facile y muy fuerte.

Llame mi si tu necesita.

Thank You Folk

Translation: Muchas gracias amigo.

40mYrs out of school but I had to give it a shot. :wink:

:wink: