jm

Dropper Bottles

Does anybody know where I can get a supply of 1 oz dropper bottles to put my colors in.

Object is to have uniform bottles, and a place called home for each, so if the label falls off I can figure out what it is. Also, uniform bottles might make drop counting work better.

Thanks ahead,

BTW, my father's day gift is a shirt "Born to Fish, Forced to Work". Gotta Love it.

jm

Are you talking about the little 1 oz bottles that the M-F and LC coloring comes in? If so, you can buy the bottles from LC. 1 and 2 oz.

1 oz. bottles

1X133A $0.24

2 oz. bottles

1X133B $0.33

I'm sure if you look around on line you can find em cheaper, but you're not gonna break the bank at the price above B) If these are the ones you're talking about, I have a drawer full of em and they work fine. I also use their gallon jugs to transfer my plastic to from the 5 gallon buckets.

Do the various manufacturers of liquid coloring all sell them in dropper bottles? Like the Elmer's glue bottles with a long taper and a cap? :?

Sorry to ask such a basic question - I haven't ordered any supplies yet, and like jm, I am considering uniformity as well as ease of use...

Thanks.

Rick

They are all dropper "type" bottles. And they are all messy :censored: But the M-F bottles are the worst! They don't have the long nozzle at the top. They have a flat top with a screw on lid. So instead of the color running down the nozzle, it runs down the entire side of the bottle. I've even cut open my M-F bottles and dumped them into dropper bottles from LC :D

I haven't tried them, but I'm sure they would work. The only problem I see is that when your coloring sits for any length of time it does two things. One, it separates and needs to be very thoroughly mixed! The other thing it does (where I see a problem) is that the color that is in the tip of the bottle will start to coagulate.

Every so often, I come across a bottle that I haven't used in a while. The first thing I do is take the top off and remove any coloring from the lip and neck of the bottle. It's easy to spot. It gums up and gets pretty thick.

If any of you guys are having trouble with your plastic coming out, you might wanna look under the cap :wink: I just think it would be harder to get inside of that flip cap. And if the coloring does run down the nozzle (which I can guarantee it will) it's gonna be even harder to clean it all off. With the dropper type bottles, you just take a paper towel and wipe it off before you put the cap back on. And I only have to do that every 10th or so use?

Anyone seen any small plastic bottles with eye droppers built into the tops. Was think about this the other day and they seem like they would work well, and probably not have as much of the leaking type problems with them.

Was thinking about testing it out with some bottles that kids liquid medicine comes in, I think the wife has a few left around somewhere. With the screw on lid to keep it closed good and the dropper seems like it would be great for dispensing out the drops of color.

ANy one tried this already or any thoughts or comments on it.

As a pharmacist, I can tell you that the droppers are out. Use what we call a droptainer, a bottle with a dropper spout. They are a little messy, but they work. Lots of chemical places have these. Some call it a yorker bottle. Lure Craft has them as you have heard before.

Cal

I read the recent post from Mattlures on this same subject of dropper bottles. Ref: http://www.tackleunderground.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5852.

Matt & CJ appear to be in the same area and have a local retailer available that has the bottles Matt uses. Having seen Matt's lures, I wouldn't mind following his recommendations on anything related to pouring soft plastics. :D

After a couple hours of web surfing :rolleyes: , the best I could come up with price-wise was this one: http://store.karstsports.com/nadiandvi.html.

Matt & CJ - if you see this - how does this compare to what you guys pay at the retail outlet near you?

Thanks.

Rick

Hi,

The bottles at Container Store are Nalgene at a little over $2.00 ea. Karstsports.com are just under $ 2.00

These bottles from this supplier (Dr. Epson Magic Inkjet Store) are about $.50 ea give or take with shipping. I suspect that if the tip is drilled instead of clipped, it would work very well. I think I'll try it.

Incidentally, maybe there is a less expensive source for these clip top dropper bottles.

jm

magic_1_148.jpg

magic_1_148.jpg

magic_1_148.jpg

magic_1_148.jpg

magic_1_148.jpg

magic_1_148.jpg

magic_1_148.jpg

magic_1_148.jpg

1548_thumb.attach