saint308

Storing Plastic

I need to order some more plastic. I trying to decide whether to buy 1 gallon or 5 gallons. I can store 1 gallon in my house, but not a 5 gallon bucket. If I buy a 5 gallon bucket will it be alright to leave it outside in my garage (sealed of course)? Please keep in mind I live in Louisiana, and the temps get pretty warm. Like I said before, it would be stored under my garage. Thanks for your help. Saint.

I live in the CA desert and we see 120* every summer 8O I keep my 5 gallon jugs in the garage. But usually not for very long. I transfer the plastic to 1 gallon jugs and store them inside in the shop. I have the advantage of having my shop inside and not in the garage :P

The heat shouldn't be a problem. It's the humidity you have to watch out for! Just make sure that whatever container you decide on, is closed up tight so no moisture gets into it.

Nutty...The plastic may eventually eat through those jugs but your biggest concern will be making sure the inside of those jugs are super clean!!!

please go to the TU Search and search forums....Do a search in the plastics forums for storing plastic as this topic has been hit many times before.

I'm sure that Lurecraft has the bottles you are looking for.

Jim