texasbass1

Resin mold

I just wanted to thank Woodsac for his excellent tutorial on making resin molds. I just finished pouring some baits out of my first mold and they look pretty good. I will post some pictures as soon as I can get a good one.

I have found this to be the most informative site and the most supportive group to deal with, no question is to basic and everyone is willing to share what they have learned. I have gotten back into pouring since I found this site and it is a real thrill to win a tournament and have someone ask what you caught them on and you say "One of my handpours".

:oops: Thanks! If you have any comments about lessons learned while making the mold, share them.

One thing I've noticed that isn't in my tutorial, is that I need far less catalyst when I'm pouring resin into a metal container vise a glass container. I only use about 4 drops per oz when I use a metal container. I might up it to 5 in the winter, and put a space heater a couple feet away from where the mold is curing. The metal takes on so much heat that if you're not careful, it will cause the mold to warp and break from the excessive heat :censored: