AaronM

Best lures for bass fishing

HI!

I just made my first five lures! This is great fun! I think I am an addict! My first one was a complete disaster. My next four were a lot better. I tried one with a photo-finish...it is freakin' awesome!!! I can't wait to fish with it.

My main question is about Bass lures. What design and paint scheme work best for catching bass in murky waters (2'-8' depth). I would love to catch a nice bass on a home-made lure! My friend thinks that I am crazy, but I want to prove him wrong! I plan on going fishing on Saturday. Hopefully I will catch my first fish on my own lure!

Have a great day!

Aaron

Aaron M,

Congratulations on completing your first five lures!!! YOu are now an official Addict!! LOL!!!

As far as what bass lures are good for murky waters, well you could try painting some in a shad pattern (i.e., black on top white on the bottom) or white body with red head. There are many paint schemes to use in murky waters. Best thing to do is match the hatch. Look at what type of things the bass are feeding at in the local lake and try and match that.

An effective color around this part of the country for brownish and greenish stained water is "Homer". Bright chartreuse body, Bright green back. I've even had bass hit it in very clear water when tuning cranks.