LaPala

Lures that make U Drool

I'm being mercilessly shown views of these exellent lures. They are from collaboration between Swede & Bladesandbaits. I'm gonna bug them till I get at least one of them in my hands!!!!

So here they are as a teaser:

medium.jpg

Plese follow the link for exploded view and closeup of individual lures else you'll regret it.

Click this link: http://www.pbase.com/sebarau/dyingshad and click on the thumbnails, choose the "other sizes:...original" link beneath each photo for full resolution (big, broadband recommended) pictures.

i did barely belive my eyes when i opened the package Blades sent me

the paintjob on theese lures is the best ive seen closeup so i got em lipped &away to lake for a tryout ,the killershad was just like livebait in the water just awesome

thank you Blades for painting theese lures

Swede, congrat's to your dying shads, and also Blades&Baits for professional finish!

LaPala, you mentioned some exploded view. Did you mean a sort of sketch? I haven't find there anything like that.

Swede again, I'd like to build something like your dying shad lures. Would you be kind enough to share with me/us the principles of design of these sort of lures? I mean body shape, weighting scheme, lip type, action, and anything that could be important.

Thanks in advance!

folk

Folk:

sorry to have misled you, exploded just meant the high resolution images available in the galery if u click the link to the original below the pictures. For those who'd like to see every detail & maybe find some fault with them like a dust spec stuck in the paint job :D:P

Just wanted to make a short reply here.(It turns out sort of long)

I was honored that Roger(Swede)approached me to paint these wonder full handmade lures.Sometimes I get so worn out with painting I think I want to give it up!Then something like these lures Swede made comes along and the fire is lit once again.

I could hardly wait for the package to arrive from Sweden LOL.

I seldom ever get nervous anymore when painting custom lures but I must admit I got a little nervous on these.If you saw the care that was taken to make these lures and the effort this man put forth to get them to me you would understand why.

I mentioned in a post a good while back that until I had found TU I had become complacent in all aspects of my lure building.And that finding TU gave me the fire back that I needed.This instance is a perfect example of the many benefits and privilege's this forum offers to all of us.

I feel I have made some life long friends here at TU though many of us have never personally met.I hope that many of you will get as much out of the privilege of belonging to this forum as I have.

Thank you all for the nice compliments on this collaboration.Thank you Swede for trusting me to add a part of me to your work.

I have learned much from association to this forum, and look forward to learning more

Finally,thank you Jerry(redg8r) and all the moderators for keeping this the best tackle making forum in the world! Bladesandbaits

ok i?ll tyr to explain how i make theese

first get the baitfish u want to imitate draw contours of it on cardboard

move it over to piece of wood you want to use . I draw up the side view

first slightly curved cut it out.then i cut lipslot after that i cut out the shape of lure .when thats done i cut slot for thruwire ,round all edges sand lure glue in thruwire & coat for painting ...

you can get this lure to swim just below surface with a wide wiggle& down to 8 ft depending on what line# you use i can vary action on the lures quite easy by forming lip diffrent hope this helps a bit Folk....

I have to respond here as I own a dying shad. A few years ago I got some from swede off another site and still have the little one. Do they catch fish? YES! The one I have is very light but the wobble is unreal and not on the retrieve, on the float up. Mine still is holding strong through all the bass abuse the only problem is the middle wire no longer supports a swivel. :cry: