Husky

Has anyone tried my tissue photo finishing method, yet?

I'm just curious to see some of the work you all have done. You people are so inventive it's great to see how you run with the ball!

Here is my Bomber Minnow. It's a 6.25", 2 oz Foamy with an Atlantic Silverside photo over foil finish. It is no longer a fish catching Virgin. B)

DSCF0010.jpg

Printed on tracing paper, E-tex'd over that onto a piece of wood. Gotta go downstairs to see how it dried. I posted a question here last night about a downloadable photo site that you can tweek photos. I want the capability of 'mirroring'. I'll have to look it up again to see the name of it. We are getting a new computer soon and I might wait to download that program til then. I also have Netscape which disconnects me wether I want to be or not. :twisted: I feel halfway thru the down load it will cut me off. Be back shortly...

Printed on tracing paper, E-tex'd over that onto a piece of wood. Gotta go downstairs to see how it dried. I posted a question here last night about a downloadable photo site that you can tweek photos. I want the capability of 'mirroring'. I'll have to look it up again to see the name of it. We are getting a new computer soon and I might wait to download that program til then. I also have Netscape which disconnects me wether I want to be or not. :twisted: I feel halfway thru the down load it will cut me off. Be back shortly...

Tissue Paper works much better and follows contours better also. MS PAINT Allows Flipping. Other programs like MS Pub do to but also let you print with exact measurements.

Just brought mine up from the basement. I E-tex'd on a flat piece of wood so contours were not an issue here. I tried to look your instructions last night but I could not find your posts. What was yours' titled?? This MS Paint, is it downloadable, or where can I buy it? Thanks.

Forgot to say that it looks great on top of the foil!! I did print one small image on tissue. I used a glue stick to hold the tissue to the reg. paper, just at the top. I don't know if this was the right way to do it, as I couldn't locate your 'tutorial'. :D The paper made alot of noise when printed upon. This was this tissue that you buy folded up. Is this what you used?? Anyhoo, I found the MSPaint amid all this computer mumbjumbo. Now I have to figure out how to send a photo to a file and bring it up on the 'Paint' to be altered. Let me know about the tissue. I can see my foil thru the tracing paper, but not as good as a tissue would show it I presume. Thanks. Bruce

I did something with tissue paper prints the other day, but not exacty your method. I applied the printed image on a white base-coated lure, with nitro lacquer, as adhesive. It's not bad, I'll send an image tomorrow, if dont forget :D

By now I purchased adhesive spray, but no spare time to play with :rolleyes:

The idea of lacquer method came from my daughter. She used to decorate picture frames with serviettes in this way.

folk

Just brought mine up from the basement. I E-tex'd on a flat piece of wood so contours were not an issue here. I tried to look your instructions last night but I could not find your posts. What was yours' titled?? This MS Paint, is it downloadable, or where can I buy it? Thanks.

The tutorial is in the "How To" section. Here's a direct link. http://www.tackleunderground.com/board/kb.php?mode=article&k=43

MS paint comes Standard with MS Windows Programs. It's in the "Accessories" Program Group. If you have MS Windows, you have it.

Forgot to say that it looks great on top of the foil!! I did print one small image on tissue. I used a glue stick to hold the tissue to the reg. paper, just at the top. I don't know if this was the right way to do it, as I couldn't locate your 'tutorial'. :D The paper made alot of noise when printed upon. This was this tissue that you buy folded up. Is this what you used?? Anyhoo, I found the MSPaint amid all this computer mumbjumbo. Now I have to figure out how to send a photo to a file and bring it up on the 'Paint' to be altered. Let me know about the tissue. I can see my foil thru the tracing paper, but not as good as a tissue would show it I presume. Thanks. Bruce

I glue the very edges only of the standard paper and put the tissue on so it lays perfectly flat. That should cut down on the noise.B)

The tissue cimes folded and the size of the sheets are 20" x 26". I got 40 sheets of white for $1 at the Dollar Store. I cut them in to 8.5" X 11" I set the print up so The first printing job prints on the bottom of the page. That allows me to cut out the images on the tissue and still be able to use the paper again. "Waste not, want not."

OK. I printed a pair of northern pike images on tissue this am. I found that I did not have to search far in my computer to find a program with the mirror capability. It was here all the time. I just had to do some digging. I would like to print them larger, but the quality goes to pot. Like I want to print one 12" or so. I want to E-tex the foil down to the lure body and then the tissue on top of that. I don't know how the paper will react to that. I may have to let the foil dry and then apply the paper. E-tex might have to be on the foil's surface to hold the tissue in place. Anyone try this angle yet? Who has the best quality images to choose from? Thanks.

OK. I printed a pair of northern pike images on tissue this am. I found that I did not have to search far in my computer to find a program with the mirror capability. It was here all the time. I just had to do some digging. I would like to print them larger, but the quality goes to pot. Like I want to print one 12" or so. I want to E-tex the foil down to the lure body and then the tissue on top of that. I don't know how the paper will react to that. I may have to let the foil dry and then apply the paper. E-tex might have to be on the foil's surface to hold the tissue in place. Anyone try this angle yet? Who has the best quality images to choose from? Thanks.

The Best images are the ones you take yourself. Use a digital camera at it's highest resolution and save the Pics at the best quality.

Next would be scanning pics from good quality photos, also at best quality.

Then comes downloads from the net. Try to use pics with the highest pixel counts. They will yield better quality pics.

12" is pretty darn big, even ffor SW plugs. You'll need to set up for legal size paper. 8O

Do it any way you want but fir speed sake, the tutorials method is very fast, and using Devcon will also speed the process as it does cure faster than Etex. Waiting for 2 Etex cures could take days!

Spray mounted the pike tissue onto foil before work today. Need to bandsaw a lure body out tomorrow. As for the E-tex drying, you can flash it with a torch. The stuff isn't flammable. It releases the bubbles that form in it too. Boy, that stuff sets up quickly. One coat per day if you want, quicker if the coats are not as heavy. Devcon I use for anchoring the hook hangers. How fast is the devcon from application to non tacky??

Hey Husky, late reply here :D I wanted to but still looking for a supply of the tissue papers. Only ones I found were the seperating pages from my kid's stamp aalbum & some from glossy catelogues. Will try & show u the results once I find the time to get to it. LOL, if I ever will. B) So little time, so many things to do.

Hey Husky, late reply here :D I wanted to but still looking for a supply of the tissue papers. Only ones I found were the seperating pages from my kid's stamp aalbum & some from glossy catelogues. Will try & show u the results once I find the time to get to it. LOL, if I ever will. B) So little time, so many things to do.

Here in the States, most Dollar Stores have some. The costliest I've seen was 18 26" X 20" sheets for, You Guessed It, a dollar. B)

You can touch the devcon in 2 hrs but it will continue to cure up to 8 or so depending on the conditions.

I have a question... Why is it that you are printing onto the tissue and not printing directly on the foil??If you spray Bulldog onto the foil the ink will stick and dry, then just spray a acrylic sealer and presto printed foil, did you guys try something like that or did I miss something??

I have a question... Why is it that you are printing onto the tissue and not printing directly on the foil??If you spray Bulldog onto the foil the ink will stick and dry, then just spray a acrylic sealer and presto printed foil, did you guys try something like that or did I miss something??

JMHO, but printing on the tissue is simpler than running the sprayed foil through and it also allows you to put the photo over plain paint. Attaching the tissue to the foil takes under a minute and can be done with everyday products. Once the tissue is touched by the topcat or clear, it virtually disappears. Running 2" foil tape through the printer is no easy task and that process is avoided by printing on the tissue.

I have never tried the tissue before Husky but want to try it sometime. From the photos I have seen it looks as tho the foil doesn't show up real well through the tissue. Have you compared tissue over just white primer vs tissue over foil?

Jed

Jed' date=' some of the photos don't give a true indication of how the foil shines through. This one shows it well. No flash was used so the rendition isn't sharp but you can see the refective abilities coming through. It has a painted black back and white belly. As I said, the tissue literally vanishes and the underlying coat comes through. BTW, Folks lure is tissue over white paint.

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Grmstr/FoilShiningThru.jpg[/img]