Husky

Has anyone tried my tissue photo finishing method, yet?

That does show up nice, thank you for posting it. With tissue paper being so thin it seems as if it would be difficult to smooth it out properly on the lure.....I don't know maybe the fact that it is thin is an advantage. I hope to try it sometime in the next couple weeks. Thank you again.

jed

That does show up nice' date=' thank you for posting it. With tissue paper being so thin it seems as if it would be difficult to smooth it out properly on the lure.....I don't know maybe the fact that it is thin is an advantage. I hope to try it sometime in the next couple weeks. Thank you again.

jed[/quote']

Just practice on a piece of wood. The cost is minimal and you'll get a quick feel for it. Once you lay the Tissue on the foil, It's flimsiness is no longer an issue. Just follow the tutorial and you'll pick it up in no time.

I am still a beginner at lure building in general but I read Husky's tutorial and I gave it a shot. I followed his tutorial right through and it worked great for me. Here's a 1 of two gliders I did. Finished with devcon

photophinish1lure.jpg

I feel like a proud Poppa! :wink: Nice work and I'm glad you found the technique usefull.

I went to the dollar store yesterday and bought me some of that gift tissue and printed some fish images on it via husky's tutorial and it works GREAT!! The tissue does seem flimsy but surprisingly it holds up well and doesn't tear easily. Now, if only I could find some pics on the web worth printing. anyone have any links?

Hi Jaime,

If you go to Yahoo, Google, etc., and choose "images" then type in the species of interest you would like an image for you will find many examples.

I would caution those on this board about using images that are copyrighted...............which most are. If you are building the bait for your own use I wouldn't be concerned but if you plan on selling the baits this could become a serious problem. Just about all lithos used for species identification for state and federal agencies, posters, cards, paintings, etc., are copyrighted!

Jed V.

I went to the dollar store yesterday and bought me some of that gift tissue and printed some fish images on it via husky's tutorial and it works GREAT!! The tissue does seem flimsy but surprisingly it holds up well and doesn't tear easily. Now, if only I could find some pics on the web worth printing. anyone have any links?

Go to Googles Images and searc under the baitfish you want to get. If you have a digital camera you can take your own.

Here's the result for Minnow.

http://images.google.com/images?q=Minnow&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

Also, Yahoo has images that you can search. Remember the more pixels the better the rendition.

:? hey all. dont meen to sound stupid but im a south african and our terminology is slightly different. when you say tissue paper do you mean the regular kind that you blow your nose with?and if so wont the printer just rip it apart?

Welcome aboard, Kirsten. No, it is the type that comes in large sheets and is used as a space filler in gift bags and boxes. There is a picture of it in the Tutorial. Here's the link. The tutorial is in the "How To" section. http://www.tackleunderground.com/board/kb.php?mode=article&k=43

I di it the way of the tutorial. Using some spray mount. Tissue is on the foil when I Etex'd to a piece of cedar. Problem is the etex won't set up. I have found this to be not mixing equal amounts. This I alays do since I use those little measuring cups. The lure I did before I etex'd the foil down first, let dry. The the image ( on tracing paper ) went down next with more etex and it set up wonderfully. Still don't see alot of diff between tracing paper and the tissue, I used the tracing once and it was to a flat surface. Now a question on enlarging the image size. I keep enlarging the image and it gets larger on my screen, but still comes out the same as before. Is this due to the fact that I need to change the setting to a new paper size somewhere?? I am running a long piece of tissue thru the printer attached to two sheets of reg paper taped together.

I di it the way of the tutorial. Using some spray mount. Tissue is on the foil when I Etex'd to a piece of cedar. Problem is the etex won't set up. I have found this to be not mixing equal amounts. This I alays do since I use those little measuring cups. The lure I did before I etex'd the foil down first, let dry. The the image ( on tracing paper ) went down next with more etex and it set up wonderfully. Still don't see alot of diff between tracing paper and the tissue, I used the tracing once and it was to a flat surface. Now a question on enlarging the image size. I keep enlarging the image and it gets larger on my screen, but still comes out the same as before. Is this due to the fact that I need to change the setting to a new paper size somewhere?? I am running a long piece of tissue thru the printer attached to two sheets of reg paper taped together.

You'll have to search out an Etex thread for that problem. It seems guys love it or hate it and that it works great or it stinks. Trust me when I say that the Tissue will allow the undercoat to show through much better than tracing paper.

It sounds as though all you're doing is increasing the image size on your screen, and not to the print out. Check your "Page Setup" and Do "Print Preview" to see how it will look printed. I don't use MS PAINT but I believe theres a size reference there somewhere. I think it's inder "Image" and click "attributes".

Mike P