harley-cowboy

GOBY COLOR ?

I am having a "REEL" hard time trying to figure out the Goby color. I read the posts previously put in here but it did not help. I saw NOVAs picture and it looks GREAT, but that is his color GOBY. I know the flakes are gold, silver & black flakes BUT... is it more Pumpkin, Roadkill, or Avacado GREEN?? ANY of you GURUs out there know? I am not looking for a recipe...unless you give one up, but the color of a plastic GOBY.

Thanks....

I'm in Northern WI fishing and guess what....goby colored baits!!!! It is great to see a different selection of colors and all types of soft (and hard) baits from a different part of the country.

Gave me some great ideas and I will be working on a goby color soon. Looks more light pumpkin with a little watermelon to me.

Jim

PS Fishing is AWESOME!!! Pictures soon!!!

I've done some research on the goby before I poured the baits for my customer. There are several different types of gobys. It all depends on where you are in the world. Do a search for goby and you will find all kinds of photos. Some of them have really neat colors.

Try this link to get a good look at colors!!! http://www.specialtytackle.com/new2003/products/poorboys/poorboys.html

I have one of the Golby goby colored baits and it is a very light green pumpkin with a good bit of large black flake on top, a thin vein of pro blue and a small amount of white on the bottom.....

BTW..I think this is the Poorboy company that has bought or merged with LC...

Interesting to see other hand pours as there is a LOT of flash on the bait I have. Kinda like old school hand pours, but lets not go back there :D !!!

Jim

WOW - News travels fast!!! My name is Kim and my husband and I own Poor Boy's Baits and so everyone knows for sure - yes, we bought LureCraft.

I will see if I can find where the main LureCraft topic is located and write more there.

As far as Goby colors - they change depending on their stage. They turn black during mating season. The Golby color has done very well and the description Jim gave of the colors is pretty accurate and the fish must not care about the 'flash' (although we hand trim each bait and the gals are only human to miss a couple) because they have helped win the past 3 tournaments on Erie. Thanks for saying something about it though so we can keep a closer eye on it!

Kim