GARYS LURES

dev con

Use the 5 minute epoxy for lips, weights, and screw eyes. Use the long cure 2500psi for clearcoating. Of course the rest of the guys on this site know that I really don't have an opinion about Devcon vs. other clearcoats. But I kinda like the stuff.

Skeeter

Gary Lures,Since you are new to the site you may want to attempt to use the search function.There is a wealth of information in there.More on devcon and clearcoats than you will read in a month of sundays.

BTW when I run out of Acri CryL I am gonna have to read up a little my self! LOL

LOL pardin me Skeeter :P Alpha Cryl LOL.

And yes I will be bugging you before much longer.I will run out by the first of next year :!:

Acri CryL huh? :? Your spelling is alittle off isn't it JT ? You bet bud.... the EPA found your stuff. When you run out I would be more than happy to answer any questions that you might have. I may not be able to paint as well as you.... but I can clearcoat the hell out of a bait. :wink:

Skeeter

well i just try'd the dev con 5 minute.what is the secret to cleaning out the needals.it only comes with 2.i try'd flushing it with water but i think i waited to long.will it work if you don't use the needal?just squirt a few drops on a piece of wood and mix it by hand.at the rate i use it i will need 50 nozzles to use up the hole thing :?:

OK Gary

I saw the devcon the other day like you bought which has the needle that mixes the devcon when it comes out. That is the wrong deal unless you can afford the tips. Get the devcon 5 minute that has a re closeable cap. Hope this helps.

Tally

I was wondering what he was talkin about :?

Devcon is packaging syringes with a premix tip?

-L-I-B- :idea:

Yeah Gary, if you run out of syringe tips just dispense equal amounts onto a sheet of paper or a dixie cup, whatever & use a toothpick, or similar to mix it well, then use a brush to apply.

if youre quick enough you can clean that brush in some acetone & reuse it awhile.

Check the knowledge base for a tutorial on clearcoating with FlexCoat:

Click Here

its a different epoxy, but the process is the same.

Oh yeah & stay away from the 5min version for clearcoat, its fine for an adhesive, but will yellow over time. use the slow set (30 min) for clearcoating.

if you are gluing weights, lips and hangars in a large number of baits the 5 minute with the 2 tips is great, but for normal use the regular kind is best as mentioned. The mixing it does in that tip is unbelievable, you really wouldnt think it would actually mix it but it does. I used about 1/64 of the tube i bought with my two tips lol. I only got that one because it was all they had at the time and i wanted the lip and hangars in a prototype i was working on.