millsryno

Strike King 3X plastic

I did a search and did not find much info on this. This plastic is unbelievable. Has anybody done any research on this plastic? There must be latex or something in it. Anybody know if this is available anywhere?

I was playing around with their stick baits at Wal-Mart. I should have purchased some to test. Has anybody used them? I imagine the wiggling action is superior to a senko due to the softness and flexibility of the plastic.

Thier prices are high and their selling feature is that they last much longer, which from my experiense with Z toos and lizards, they do. I would guess that thier margins are MUCH higher on these baits than their regular plastic. I bet this plastic formulation is only slightly more expensive.

General concensus is that the stuff sucks! Both for manufacturing and personal use. Just being honest from both talking to dozens of people and reading. I have not used it, but it was big talk for a long time when the 3X stuff came out.

A lot of guys are really taken back by the 3X stuff when they 1st see it. But I don't know a single person in the club I fish in that has ever continued to use any of the 3X products after trying them!

Sure it stretches and doesn't tear, but it also causes more lost fish than a dull hook. Skin hooking is next to impossible, and it is the stickiest plastic in the world!!! Everything sticks to it, and it sticks to everything else! Forget about flipping or fishing near timber! What ever you do, don't let your bait touch the ground. You'll spend the next 15 minutes trying to pick rocks off of your bait instead of fishing!

Ryan

the 3x plastic is very expensive and is not made that much. I was still waiting for chuck to get back with me on a price. I forgot to ask him when he was here in az sunday afternoon.

I beleive its going to run about 50 -75 per gal(maybe more), if they still produce it. It didnt sell that good.

This is not like any other plastic, you cannot mix it with standard colorants, you will have to get powdered pigments from plastic mold manufactures. the price is extreamly expensive on a min order of colors.

Softener and hardener will not work either.

It has to be cooked outside and cannot be cooked in a microwave.. one nice thing about it is that it does pour at about 200 degrees once you cook it to over 400 degrees first.

Also the stuff will eat anything plastic that it touchs, boat windsheilds, coolors tackle boxs(yes even worm proof ones) crank baits and even other plastic worms.

I will check with chuck when he gets back from vacation next week.

Delw