Jump to content
Drying wheel is complete
6 replies to this topic
Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:52 PM
The wheel is complete. I have about $45 bucks invested. It will accept 24 lures. Most of my stuff is jointed so I can run 12 lures, I top coat them before assembly. Will put some top coat on tomorrow and see how things work. The motor is rated for 10 pounds. Fully loaded I am at 8 ? pounds. I hope the motor holds up. It has a 3 year warrantee so I am good for a while.
Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:06 AM
It is kind of tuff to see how the lure is attached to the pin. Can you please explain. Perhaps a close up picture. I have to build myself on of these and I am not sure which one to build.
Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:42 PM
The lure is attached by a screw eye. I cut 5/8? dowels 41/2? long drilled a hole at the end then epoxied a stainless screw eye in it. I used 5 minute gel epoxy. The reason gel, it held the screw eye straight while waiting for it to set. The dowel is inserted in a rubber cap, which is screwed to the turning board.
Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:26 PM
Thanks for the information. I need to make up one of these bad boys.
Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:19 PM
Hey...that is great. I think I will have to re-do mine now after seeing yours..LOL. Great job!
Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:09 PM
Very nice job and some great ideas. I haven't built one yet but your ideas and model will sure come in handy when I do. I have an old but not use BQ motor somewhere in the garage. Going to have to get it out and look at it.