BB

crankbait patterns-bending lexon lips?

well its time for me to move on from the spooks and torpedo's.when i finish the 3 i have i want to try a crankbait.Do any of you have patterns i can use?or tips on making them.i will post my first one good or bad.--oh i had one other question.how do you bend lexon.if you want to Chang the shape of the lip.i want to try the L shaped lip like used on the shallow diving rapala shade raps.

I put the lip in a small vice and clamp it where you want the bend to begin. Then slowly heat the lip with a heat gun and bend the lip where you need it. Make sure the point where you want the bend to start is slightly above the jaw on the vice as that is where the bend will start. Hope this helps.

Heating lexan softens it so you can shape and mold it. You have to be careful not to over heat it or it will form bubbles.

It can even be heated in a oven and then molded.

I have even bent the lips ?on the water while fishing? using a cigarette lighter. Heat it up lightly and evenly and then bend it. To cool it so it will stay just dip it in the water. Desperate times warrants desperate measures?

:D