Martin

Createx

I just bought some Createx. I have a few questions, does it need to be sanded between coats or sanded before the top coat is applied? The guy at the store told me to shoot it at 50 to 60 PSI, is that too high? To clean the airbrush is water sufficient?

Martin

Hi Martin, I shoot between 20-35 psi, different days, different preasure sometimes.

No, you do not sand Createx.

I use Devcon2Ton Epoxy from Wall-Mart for the top coat. Do all your sanding before you paint the lure.

A mix of Windex and water does a great job on cleaning your airbrush.

I use 10 parts water to 1 part Windex. :)

Lots of ways to do these things, this is just how I do mine.

You can shoot Createx straight from the bottle or thin it with a little water. I use a Paasche VL medium tip at 30-50 psi. It just depends on how thick the paint is in the particular bottle. You want it no thicker than milk. I think most guys, including myself, try to shoot paint that's too thick which produces splatters and clogs. Other acrylic latex hobby paints are not formulated for airbrushes and need to be thinned more. Of course, they also cost half as much as Createx :D Plain cool water will clean the brush. When shooting a variety of colors, I clean out the paint siphon with a spray bottle and run a little water through the brush, then just squirt in the next color and thin it with water, stirring with a swizzle stick. Shoot lighter colors followed by darker colors (that's usually belly up, which works out well). I disassemble the brush and rinse it out with water at the end of the session. Use a hair dryer to set the colors between shots.