Shmang

Bass Masters Classic Baits

Anyone have any baits that the Pros will be tossing at the upcoming BassMaster Classic?

I thought about sending a small tackle sample to one of the Pros to use. I know they would not be able to disclose if they even used the baits due to sponsor requirements but I thought it might be cool to take a flyer and send out a sampler for the heck of it. Whatcha think?

I would send them. D. D. (can't say his full name per our agreement) is a guy that ranks in the top 75 and uses some of my stuff. He said if he scores in a tourney he will give me a shout out right from the stage...He didn't make the classic so you won't here my co name shouted out:D!!

Guess you never know as I think many of the pros might give you an acknowledgment if they remember where they come from and how they had it coming up through the ranks. Flip side is that many of them will fish what got them there and may not take any chances on something new come classic time...

In the end, sponsor's money talks and "you know what" walks....

Jim

I was once told that Kevin Van Damme won a tournament here in California using some of my worms. I have no idea which worm(s) he was using.......if in fact it's true. If he did use my products, a little recognition would have been nice. B)

I understand this seldom happens because (as Shmang said) they have ties to their sponsors.

In reality Chris, I honestly beleive when a bass pro refuses to give recognition it is pretty much the nicest plug in the world. You just need the guy with the camera or the partner he is paired with to have a big mouth :wink:

Besides, we all know that your baits catch fish shhhhhhhhhhh.

Anyone know where the Pros might be staying in Pitt? I have scoured the web looking for "the official hotel of the BassMasters Classic" but no such luck.

My baits are really designed for river fishing so I was thinking about sending some of the Federation guys a small sample package in care of the hotel.

Cant blame a guy for trying right? :wink: