cesportsman

Crankbait Help!!

Im interested in building crankbaits. I did a favor for a friend and in return he made me alot of bodies to play with. he has a cabinet shop and machined the bodies for me. Ive made about 5 or 6 so far but need help in painting them. Do i paint before i put the bills in? Also do i airbrush the clear coat or brush on. Ive got about 100 bodies now and more on the way. Im a machinist so I made fixtures to place the bill in the bait square and in the same location every time. I also done the same for the belly weight. Tested a few at high rock last weekend and seem to like the wobble it has. I wrote a program for my mill to cut lexan bills out the same every time but was wandering where I can buy some to save time. I bought some from ebay but i cannot find them at Janns or Stamnia. Any ideas? I would like to share some of these baits with the guys around high rock to try and give me feedback on. Ive got alot of thses bodies and want to make a good solid bass cacthing bait!! Any help would be appreciated!!