Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OUTDOORSMAN

Air brush starter kit

8 posts in this topic

I have a Badger 155 Anthem and bought the kit for about the same price.

You can't go wrong with $69.95 for that kit...has 3 different nozzles with it...I don't know but I'd think it's a great first airbrush to start with.

I want the Iwata, but I don't "need the Iwata", if that makes any sense.

I'll agree with Terry. I have an Anthem and love it. One tip, one needle, it does a pretty descent fine line too. I personally think that you get allot of BANG for your buck with the Anthem.

I would think twice. I will say that I have had several other brushes as well. A gravity feed brush takes less air meaning less noise from a compressor running and uses less paint and I think you can spray at lower pressures versus a siphon feed. The difference was night and day when I switched. I now use the Iwata Eclipse CS for everything. The nozzle size on this brush is suitable for Auto Air as well as Wasco and Smith paints straight from the bottle. Paints themselves are alot of the trouble. It is important to spray a good quality airbrush paint. I still use some of the original createx, but this is a thicker paint. Wasco and Smith paints are already thinned where they spray right out of the bottle and the pigments are ground finer. These paints eliminate the clogged nozzle. Good luck on your choice. JMO

Sorry to be so long in answering, but I just joined. I am a carver doing birds and fish. I use badgers. I use about three or four at a time (from Dixie Art). I've used Paasche and others and they are on the shelf. I would also like the Iwata....... SOON.

Carver Guy