borderbasser

fading problem

OK, another newbie question. I noticed yesterday, that my motor oil worms that I poured about 10 days ago have started to fade from a greenish color to more of a faded brownish green, but I don't think it is an issue with the coloring. It is a mixture of LC and Del motor oil with some LC signal grn in Cal. plastic. I am also adding about 6-8 drops of Kickn' Bass per 4 oz. hot plastic, as well as a few drops of KB and a shot of Pam to the bag. I also spray Pam in the mold for each pour to make them shinny. I don't see an immediate discoloration in the plastic. It does change after a period of time though. I know a lot of people use the KB and the Pam, and I have heard that some have a problem with it once it is reheated, but these are not reheats. The only other thing that I can think of is, I am storing these baits in regular zip-lock bags. I have some anise on order, and I plan to replace the Pam with the anise to see if that is my problem. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

TJ

When I used to use scents I only used kickn bass and it did discolor the plastic by just putting it into the bag and leaving it on the deck of the boat.

I dont know about procure.

make sure you use only oil based scents other wise water based will pop and boil in heated plastic.

I know April got some scents in recently and they are perfectly clear (ansin and garlic) , I havent tried them in the worms yet.

Delw

If they dont change the color of the plastic to much we will sell them.

I personally dont use scents on any of my baits even in tournys( i used to but its too much of a mess and it really dnt make any difference at least for me). the only times I do or have used them is when teaching my kids how to fish. the fish will hold on longer when using scents for those with slower hooksets( like kids and adults that are learning).

Delw

I had some baits fade that were originally motor oil. They turned grey overnight but still a greenish grey so I didnt really care but thought it was odd. They were stick baits and I wonder if it has something to do with the salt. I think I ground it up too fine. They still worked great but its something to think about if your baits are fading. Also mine faded without adding anything else to them. I let them cure over night then oil them before I put them in a bag.

I think Del's MO kicks! Really good shade, especially when you add flake. I haven't tried MF, but I will on the next order.

I am having some trouble with LC's watermelon though. I mixed LC watermelon and Del's light watermelon about 1/2 and 1/2. 3 days later the color was a weird bluish green. After some further mixing it appears that anytime I add a color to LC watermelon it will change color in a couple days. It seems to change when I put in a plastic container I use for excess baits. It may not be airtight, because when I store them in ziplocks they don't change color.

Does Del have a watermelon color other than light?