fatfingers

Going through withdrawal...

Broke the fluid nozzle on my Iwata and can't paint till I secure the part...

Its driving me crazy. I actually went fishing yesterday evening because I had nothing else to do! :D

But the good news is that the Magnum Flatshad I built with transparent blues over foil has produced two muskies in two fishing trips so far, one was a 41 incher.

I know many of you have caught fish on the lures you've built and I have too, but the flatshad lure is one I had high hopes for and it worked, so I'm particularly pleased.

Now, I've got to order parts for the Iwata before I waste too much time fishin'... 8O8O:D

Hey FF....."I feel your pain"....my boy has a new lab pup and the other day whilst I was working the pup decided to chew my airbrush hose into six sections! I am now waiting for Dixie to send me another!

I have an Iwata and hose just sitting in the closet but have gotten so used to the single action Paasche now that I don't want to use it.

Jed V.

RiverMan, I would feel better if the dog had done it, but it was my fault. I was cleaning it and over-tightened the fluid valve, which is tiny little part that takes a tiny wrench about as long as a car key. Trying to locate one locally; found the part online but its $35 plus S&H.

fin, the bait is about 8 inches long; its a deeper-diving crankbait and it has a tight wobble. I've trolled it as fast a 5 mph and it runs great up to that speed. It also casts well and easily.

I'll post a photo of it later if I get a chance. The pattern was my first attempt to imitate the blue/chrome pattern of a Bagley Monster Shad, which does very well in several of the rather clear reservoir I fish in for musky. I also scored with the same Magnum Flatshad bait in an orange pattern that we're calling Orange Sunshine (I don't name my baits or patterns, but my fishing buddy does and it does gives us a way of communicating without saying "that orangish one.") :)

Bigblueflatshadresized.jpg

Here's the bait that scored for me. Its in transparent blues over foil with a shot of magenta.

I've been building these for the last month or so and fishing them when I get a chance.

Yesterday, (Saturday, Aug 13, 2005), the flatshad scored another musky for me, which makes three muskies in three outings. Nothing else scored on Saturday and my partner threw all manner of commercially produced and commonly used musky baits at em all day. Now thats not to say luck isn't involved in the whole process, but I still feel good having scored 3 fish in three trips on my own baits.

I've been making them in three sizes:

Flatshadsizesminiregmaxi.jpg

Here's the 41 inch musky I scored with the blue-over-foil bait shown above (Yea, I know its a horrible photo, but my fishing partner of 4 decades still gets so excited when we boat a musky that he shakes like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Just prior to the photo I had told him, "Now, I'd REALLY like to get a shot of this fish since it ate one of my baits, so please, calm yourself, and steady yourself and get me just one good shot...this one is the BEST of the three he shot):

muskychromeblueflatshad.jpg

...just wanted to share my excitement in having one of my concoctions turn out to be a producer in the musky department.

B)B)B)