Dink Mendez

I wish my crankbaits would hunt

Here is an idea that I have playing with for a while,but have not gotten very far due not having time for baits like I used to have(family stuff). One bait I have been looking at lately that does hunt is a J plug by Luhr Jensen.The reason I think it hunts is because of the line tie config..It has a bead chain line tie that runs through a hole in the bait that is twice the diameter of the chain.Wich means you cant tune this bait, it is constantly coming "un tuned"as the chain moves around inside the larger hole,and it will start running to one side and then the other side.With these baits they are speed sensitive,they will not run very fast.Most baits I have made that hunt, the speed where they blow out is ussually slower than a bait that just runs straight.For you guys that build through wire baits maybe making the holes in the lip for the wire a little bigger giving it a little "play" might work to help the baits "un tune".Hopefully this winter I will get time to try these hair brained ideas of mine.

Tom

LaPala- the shape is an upside-down letter 'u'. Only the 'slpoe' is not as severe. Look at the symbols on your keyboard above the 9 and 0. Parenthesis? ( ) Turn them on their sides so the high point is in the middle. Just the opposite of your bait. Tom S. has tried the heat gun trick but I have yet to. All I have is a propane torch and this might be too hot, too hard to control. the Finn (Bruce)