- - - - -

My lew's BB1N are wearing out- What to replace them with!!!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Skeeter

Advanced Member

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:46 AM

I understand what you are saying about getting both gears. But the problem was that the spool would not completely disenguage when the button was pressed. The pinion would not completely clear the flats on the spool shaft. You couldn't tell it when you depressed the button. Then when you made the cast the inside of the pinion where it goes over the spool would strip. Eventually the inside of the pinion would round out. So, it would happen alot. It also happend on 3 different 1NGs. So it wasn't just one bad cookie in the bag. I never fished the old Lews reels. But the reason that they were probably good was because the were made by Shimano. I have seen and held these reels. But I have never fished one.

#22 basstech

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:15 PM

Oh Yeah, I forgot about that...that was a very common problem. I think that's was the primary reason we had to replace so many...probably half of what we sold. It's been a long time...I still got a BB1n that does the same thing...kept wondering why I don't use it every time I see it. :grin: