Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerkbait

cedar crank

3 posts in this topic

Here is the musky crank featured on Ky Afield this week. It is about #3.5" and 1 1/2 oz. dives to 2 feet but is most effective in creeks and rivers slow cranked over cover. Foil and devcon 2 ton finish. The slope of the head and position of lip and eye are straight from my experiments based on the input of countless threads on this forum. It is just unstable enough to hunt some on a moderate retrieve and it deflects well when crashed into wood. I fish it on 20 Floro-P line with braided steel leader. The fish pictured is one of 6 legals that have eaten it this month alone!img]<a  href=http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/3892/bukosm8zb.jpg' alt='bukosm8zb.jpg'>

Baitmaker,

It was on the TV show last weekend. I have been trying to get together with the writer for the magazine for some time and we just cant get hooked up. Tim Farmer, the host of the show grew up near Grayson and he came up as soon as I sent him the musky picts. It was a lot of fun to film. He is a great guy who turns the rrel handles with his teeth! (injured arm)

Jerk!