baz

kicker frog or scum frog LIKE

I tried these hollow frogs, since they are hollow they are very hard baits to make molds for. I made one and played with it but the problem is you have to basically weld the a seam with a solder iron.

There one of the toughest molds to make and pour since they are thin layered its best if its injected, then you weld the seam.

To be honest with you I think its cheaper to buy them already made, due to the fact you will have lots of money in the mold and a harder time pouring them then welding the seam.

Delw

forgot to add.

You will need to use a harder plastic, dont use soft or med. it will tear to easy

one other way you can make this bait, which I didnt think of till a few mins ago is if you can make a hard solid bait that looks like it( you would need to make a mold of this bait then pour a solid mold out of a hard material kinda like a reversible mold?)

then take something and stick it in the bottom of the hard copy. then dip the copy into the plastic, hold straight up then slit the bottom to pull out the hard mold(master), then you can heat the slit with a solder gun to close it up.

Delw

To manufacture a hollow something, like a ball, from plastisol, the general technique is to put uncured plastisol inside a hollow mold, then heat and rotate the mold on all 3 axis until it turns to plastic, then cool it down while maintaining the rotation, then open and extract the molding.

It's called rotational molding, or rotomolding.

jm