Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
finlander

thru wire diameter

5 posts in this topic

I have probably posted this q in the past, but...I have a 14 inch crank and am downsizing the thru-wire diameter because my split rings are opening abit after I spin them on. What does everyone use?? I just bought .0625 at the welding store. Local lure maker gets 078 from his workplace. What does everyone think is overkill? Thank you.

I have probably posted this q in the past, but...I have a 14 inch crank and am downsizing the thru-wire diameter because my split rings are opening abit after I spin them on. What does everyone use?? I just bought .0625 at the welding store. Local lure maker gets 078 from his workplace. What does everyone think is overkill? Thank you.

.0625, 1/16th" SS is Sufficient. If it fails, trust me, you didn't want to see the thing that broke it. I use the next size down in may of my smaller (6") lures.

hey man split the difference try using jump rings and silver solder them on. then you can pull orca in.. we use what you are using. tig wire, welding, and it is not cheap here in canada