GB GONE

Bubble issue with Calhoun's plastisol...Post here...

Hate to say it Fool but you are completely wrong!!! I have had a chemist analyze my stuff...there is NO moisture in it at all!!!

I've seen the huge bubbles from water, that is not what we are talking about!!

My M-F and Loes plastisol sits right next to the Calhoun's....NOT ONE BUBBLE IN EITHER....EVER!!!!

It is the plastisol!!! It has been admitted that Calhoun's knows there is a problem..(previous posts from Del...)

I believe snipp had it right...the plastic seal on the 5 gallon buckets has been broken down by the plastisol and is contaminating our 5 gallon buckets....

Science gets to the heart of it...NO MOISTURE AT ALL!!!

Jim

PS I don't use any salt in 99.9% of my baits!!!

I also added a moisture absorber to my container of plastic.....and besides costing me more money, it confirmed that it is NOT a moisture problem. I am far from a rookie and have been pouring for a long, long, long time and I have never encountered problems like this with other brands. I also had no problems with Calhoun's 1 gallon containers only the 5 gallon container. If it wasn't for Calhoun's being the best when it comes to making stick baits I wouldn't care as much.....but the properties of the Calhoun's makes it a must for sticks. So if there is anyone that wants a deal on my remaining Calhoun plastic give me a shout....if you want a high floating bait this is the stuff. I will unfortunately be looking for another source of plastic that will compare with the Calhoun's one gallon blend. I still like the total absence of replies form the well known supplier.....the avoid it and it will go away attitude. Don't be surprised in loss of sales....there are many lurkers that see this and hopefully will take note...hard earned money is hard earned money and I know that I now have to eat $125.00 worth of foaming crap. Here I am killing myself trying to figure out the problem with the Calhoun plastic and to be honest the supplier should be the one doing the Chemical analyses and other leg work. One more note....You never know just how BIG a company may be when seeing posts on a message board....might be a gallon a year user or maybe 1000+ gallon a year user.....you just never know. NOT addressing the issue may loose you a cash cow.

camrynekai and the rest of you guys,

just out of curiosity did you ever think to Email or call me and let me know about this problem?

I havent recieved any complaints from anyone. other than the org 3.

I quit posting on this and other bubble issue threads because everytime I Did it turned into a pissing match between Jim and I, No matter what I said or asked stuff was taken out of context.

If you have a problem Contact me, I dont know who you are by your nick.

Calhoun told me that no one had contacted them either, they just know about the problem that I relayed to them.

Fact of the matter is if you have a complaint about a product from store x you make your complaint with store x.

I dont think Red wants his board turned into a support board for calhoun plastic or del-mart molds. so if you have a problem contact me.

Jim contacted me about it and asked that we look into it. he offered to send me a sample of the plastic which I told him we would pay for. we never got that plastic he didnt send it. I havent heard from Jim since that one phone call. no sample nothing so I sent my own in about 3-4 weeks later.

People have posted on this forum and my forum some good information

on plastic and bubbles, these Ideas may or maynot resolve your specific problem, but until you contact us we do not know what your specific problem is .

you guys can speculate all you want but we cant work to resolve any of your problems until you contact us.

Delw

I just opened a new 5 gal. container of Calhoun's and before mixing, decided to heat the plastic not containing the hardener that was layered on the bottom.

No bubbles. Once the entire amount was mixed, many bubbles (just like with the gallon containers, with suds on top. It must be in the hardener that was made for this batch because another handpourer that lives close said he hasn't experience bubbles from his five gallons of Calhoun's and that his pail is always in his shed workshop, all year long.

If I reheat the cooled plastic, the bubbles go away. Time consuming, but it gets rid of all bubbles.

Be interested in Calhoun's analysis and action to rectify.

Ive said it before in the "favorite plastic sticky" that after 10 years of pouring baits, Ive tried them all and keep coming back to M-F Super Soft. Del-Mart has popularized Calhoun's but many of us that have been doing this for a long time have experienced the same problems you are now experiencing with that product.

Jim one of the main reasons it has taken so long was due to the fact I was waiting on your samples That you said you were going to send to me in a few posts, That I was going to pay for that you never sent. I think it was like a 3-4 week delay. you do remember that dont you? Also reading your posts about this issue, I have seen you jump from one problem with your plastic to another. like it went from your plastic isnt clear to bubbles and pretty much everything in between. Just a quick observation that white off color on the bottom of your pyrex cup that you talked about one time is really due to not being cooked throughly and stirred throughly, its not some forgien material in the plastic. It happens mainly in the microwave because the microwave cooks from the center out so it must be stirred all the time to keep the plastic at the same temp. I tried to explain that to you but you insisted it was forgein material in the plastic and took my hole entire post out of context. I ASSUMED ( theres that word again) That you being a pro at making baits would have known that.

Again with the sample you said you were going to send we could have solved this problem faster.

Since you started mouthing off on this forum Ive only had one person get in touch with me, Thats right ONE person. and that was after I posted to email me.

I am guessing that it probally has to do with that fact that you insinuated to people That DEL-MART would black ball them and not sell to the ones who compained about the plastic.

Kinda funny how you got real quiet about this issue when you ordered a mold and when you get the mold you start foaming at the mouth again.

I also find it very interesting that when anyone posts about this issue with a possible cure or a possible fix or no problems at all your are the first one to post and knock their therory out the window. Funny how you never emailed/called me about this problem. The only contact I had with you about this problem was when you were placing an order for a mold that you had to have Immediatly and towards the end of the phone conversation you said " can you look into the bubble problem" I asked and you explained that it has some bubbles and was off color, I said I would look into it. youve pm'd April once right before you started the bubble thread , never saying anything about the plastic. then you order a mold( a week ago) and never say anything about the plastic.

Then in reading these posts you being the take charge kinda guy you come off to be, took it upon yourself telling everyone you would talk to calhoun yourself and get to the bottom of this, in which I am told you have never called them or had any contact with them.

Sorry if I have offended anyone else on this board, We bust our butts like every other manufacture to get you the best product out there, if there is a problem we like to know about it by a phone call or email. We tried the route of figuring out the problem on this website but due to everyone of my post being pulled out of context by Ghost baits I pull them and didnt responed to them anymore( yeah that looked pretty bad). I wont respond to them on this website. If you have a problem I ask you please contact us. our phone numbers and email addys are on our website. If we get no contact then we cant help you or solve this problem.

You wont get BLACK-BALLED as it was insinuated by Ghost baits, we take our products very seriously.

I did not want to really get involved in this, but it really is turning into a pissing match. Seriously, guys, if you have a problem with Del's or anybody elses products, you should call them and deal directly with them. It sounds to me like people are expecting Del or whoever else to jump right on their problem after they post on this forum.

If I have a problem with Circuit City, I go down there and talk to the manager in person. I don't just post something on a forum and wait for them to respond. If I go in there yelling and screaming, they are probably just going to kick me out of the store and I am out of luck. Jim, this is not direct toward you either. You may have called Del for all I know. I have just noticed a few people's post saying they are having problems and then it is like everybody thinks Calhoun's is just going to take care of it.

I've been dealing with Del for a while and I know he isn't out to screw people over. I am sure if you call him, or any other vendor you have a problem with, and explain your problem to them, they would be more willing to help you out. Del sells quality products, whether it be his molds, dyes, salt or whatever else you are buying. I am possitive we all know this if you have used one of his aluminum molds. Why would he want people to think his plastic is bad? I have had a problem with a mold in the past and they were very good at resolving my situation after I called and discussed the problem with them. Nobody ever heard about it on this forum and I am a satisfied customer.

I read these posts and just ask myself, "Why are all these people complaining, yet only one person has called Del?" If you truely have a problem, pick up the phone.

Lastly, I am not taking sides and saying one person is right or one person is wrong. I am probably an unpopular guy for even posting this so I am sorry if I ruffle anybody's feathers. Hey, if there is something wrong with the plastic, I want it fixed, too!

OK....everyone has had enough! Myself and the other Mods have received several requests to end this post. Well now is the time.

It's no longer a friendly discussion. It's individuals taking cheap shots at each other over the internet.

If you have any questions or concerns about the quality or availability of Calhoun Plastic, please direct them to the provider: www.del-mart.com