finlander

new idea

I have an idea that I have not tested yet, but might be of some interest to lure companies. Have yet to see it on ANY cranks. How would one go about this? I know someone will tweek it abit so it is not copied, if this thing works. What would you do? I feel if I don't do it, and somebody sees it on my lures, they will take it and run. Unless I cover my a$$, or hide the lures if someone comes near. What would you do??? (No Tom, it i different than what I pm'd you about.)

You can get like a year's protection through the USPTO for the idea without putting together a full patent. I forget the name of the form necessary to do this, go to the USPTO and see if you can find it. The paperwork gives you a year (I think) to develop the patent further, work out details, etc., to decide if you want to go ahead with it.

In my opinion very few ideas are worth getting a patent on. First it will probably cost you 3-5k to get a patent done through an attorney. Beyond that the next guy can then change your idea in a slight way and start building it himself. Or, a big company can flat out take the idea and then bury you with attorney fees because they can afford it.

Good luck.

jed v.

I would think your best bet is to contact a large firm that specializes in patents. They have people that are experts in different areas. They can advise you on how to proceed or if you even want to go forward with the invention. There are different types of patents offering different degrees of protection. You could probably find out if your invention is patentable and what degree of protection it might qualify for. If it is indeed a marketable idea maybe you could sell the patent or come up with a licensing agreement with a manufacturer.

I have an idea that I have not tested yet, but might be of some interest to lure companies. Have yet to see it on ANY cranks. How would one go about this? I know someone will tweek it abit so it is not copied, if this thing works. What would you do? I feel if I don't do it, and somebody sees it on my lures, they will take it and run. Unless I cover my a$$, or hide the lures if someone comes near. What would you do??? (No Tom, it i different than what I pm'd you about.)

I have read the responces, you really need to contact me privitly, there is a lot you should know on how to proceed I would be gld to help you

send me an email

rdlong@charter.net