Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steve48

etex??

6 posts in this topic

i was told to get etex for my clear coat but dont get etex lite. i amj confused because all i can find it etex lite. is there such thing as just plain etex (not etex lite) and whats the difference if there is a plain etex.

thanks steve

They told you wrong. Go to Wal Mart, get some Devcon long cure epoxy, (30 min) use that, and forget it. If you want you can get some 5 min Devcon also for glueing in lips etc. It will cost you $2.00 and you can get it anytime without worry.

Skeeter

Hi Steve,

Both Devcon and Etex are good products. I use Etex mostly because I can get it in bulk but if were just starting or doing a few baits for personal use I would use Devcon. Good luck.

Jed

I did a search and found out that there are different sizes available, up to at least a gallon. There is a four ounce size. The difference between the original and the lite is the set time. Lite is quicker. I've been at this for about 4 years and that is all I have ever seen for sale. Hobby Lobby store carry etex lite. I use the 2 part epoxies to fill holes and for the lips. I use lead for anchoring the wire hook hangers in place. Never have tried any of the two part epoxies, the quick ones, for an overcoat. I hear they are brittle. With Etex, you can 'flash' it with a torch or lighter, to eliminate the bubbles that happen within a couple of minutes. Plus, the flashing helps the stuff set up, and you can re-apply the next day. Good luck.