saint308

Saltwater molds

I use the copies of the Bass Assasin flukes in saltwater with pretty good success (speckled trout right now in dark red/black back/gold glitter). I've also used just regular paddle tail worms in chart/silver and gold glitter in the early summer months.

What type of saltwater species are you targeting?

Rick

I also fish for specs and reds.. specs have been very active here in Tampa lately .. mostly the dark red/black .. also just found green/red and black flake is working well too.

I've been trying to get a mold of a shrimp .. tired copying a DOA but think that would have to be a 2 piece to get it work like the DOA. Just got some old bayside shrimp and those look like a good choice to make a 1 piece mold. I've actually had better luck with the old bayside shrimp than the DOA. I'd like a bigger version of that too.. but unfortunately my attempts at making a master of any type of bait has not been successful at all. I've read the tutorial by Crawchuck and think I'll give it a try for a shrimp copy using a frozen select and see how that turns out.

What colors have been working for you over in Texas?

Also what LC mold # is the cocahoe minnow?

Thanks,

Rick

Hey guys, I make good quality plaster molds, both one and two parts for all kinds of baits.

Right now I'm kinda done building molds for the season, as I do saltwater charters out of northern B.C., Canada, all summer, but if you need something made you can contact me and get on the list for next fall when I start again.

See my website for more details.